FAQ SearchLogin
Tuxera Home
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 08:53

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Sata cable unplugged w/ RAID running. Cannot detect RAID now 

Post Sata cable unplugged w/ RAID running. Cannot detect RAID now
Hi, I am posting this for a friend. I myself am not fluent on the Mac side of things only Windows (and not in RAID configurations), and he knows enough on the Mac side to get by well enough.

My friend formatted four new 4 TB HGST hard drives in Tuxera on the Mac side of things and created a RAID array for storage to be used on Windows 7 (I believe 64 bit) in boot camp. He was not having any troubles until a SATA cable connecting the RAID rack (an OWC Mercury Rack Pro) was unplugged while the computer was running in boot camp. Since then the Windows bootcamp installation has stopped detecting the RAID array at all in file explorer, disk management, and diskpart under command line (this was not immediate however). The Rack's lights have the blue light on for all four drives (indicating power on), but also blinking red lights above all four drives (indicating rebuilding RAID array, as per the manual for the rack).
On the Mac side of the computer the lights will be the same (the RAID array being undetected), then eventually the lights will go solid blue and a Tuxera error message pops up with the following message (I had to write it down as the computer is not with me).

File System wasn't safely closed on Windows.
Could not commit block to storage.
Failed to create new item in cache.
Could not commit older page to backing store
Failed to reset log file input/output error.
NTFS inconsistent soft Raid/ fake Raid error.
If the device is soft Raid/fake Raid then first activate it then mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/directory (eg. /dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabccl) please see the dmraid documentation for more details.

These drives have lots of files on them, so starting over is a last possible resort, and the backup is gone, so that's a no go.

Should I take the rack to check if it's detected in the bios on a Windows 7 installation at my house, or should that sort of thing wait?

As I mentioned I have no real personal experience in these matters, but I promised I'd do my best to find out any information I can. Any and all help is immensely appreciated, thank you.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 09:16

Post Re: Sata cable unplugged w/ RAID running. Cannot detect RAID now
To amend my post, the RAID configuration is RAID 5.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 00:55

Post Re: Sata cable unplugged w/ RAID running. Cannot detect RAID now
Never mind guys, problem solved. Seemed to be a problem with the eSATA port on the raid card. Thanks for looking.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 02:55
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]