FAQ SearchLogin
Tuxera Home
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 14:19

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
How to get linux permissions working on NTFS drive? 

Post How to get linux permissions working on NTFS drive?
Hello,

I installed NTFS-3G on my Macbook, and moved my /Users directory to an NTFS partition, and used /etc/fstab to mount the NTFS drive at /Users, so it looks like this:

Code:
LABEL=trusktr_home                              /Users        ntfs      defaults               0      1

Now, when I log into my user in OS X, Finder has some problems (it hangs during login until an app is opened from the dock. It also hangs on log out and I have to kill it in the Activity Monitor.

Also, all the files have the 777 permissions. I'd like to get the perms working similarly to how they did before, so that I can successfully chmod files, which I can't do right now.

I've create a .NTFS-3G/UserMapping file, but I'm not sure what to put in it. In OS X, when I look in /etc/passwd, I don't see my username in there so I don't know what my uid or gid are.

Any tips on what to do? Thanks!

Tue Nov 03, 2015 07:14
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]