FAQ SearchLogin
Tuxera Home
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 15:55

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Unable to Erase & Create NTSF partition; Name issue... 

Post Unable to Erase & Create NTSF partition; Name issue...
I recently upgraded to OSX10.9.1 from OSX10.7.5 and I am now having issues when trying to partition my new ssd that was originally formatted with GUID Partitions. When I try to Erase & Create a "Windows NT Filesystem(Tuxera NTFS)" Format from a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition, the Name area won't allow for text inputs. I have already reinstalled Tuxera 2013.2, to no avail. Other Formats do not have this issue, only Tuxera NTFS.

Anyone have this issue?

However, I have been able to Re-Partition the WHOLE drive, delegating one of the Partitions as NTFS, however, when I try to verify that partition, it stops at :

Verifying volume “Win8”Checking file systemntfsck 3011.12.9-mac
Checking NTFS Superblock ...
Device name : /dev/disk0s3
NTFS volume version: 3.1
Cluster size : 4096 bytes
Current volume size: 124685120000 bytes (124686 MB)
Syncing device ...

Additionally, I have had issues where the NTFS does not mount. Never had an issue in previous versions.

Any suggestions?

Tue Jan 14, 2014 20:07
Post Unable to Erase Create NTSF partition Name issue
I have a rMBP with 512GB. Half is running windows 8.1 the other half Mavericks.

After some problems with the windows partition I decided to delete it. I didnt use the bootcamp remove option. However the partition still exits, not only is it taking up space from my internal hard drive but I cant access it now.

I had previously backup everything. I have tried to format/erase the whole hard drive but every time I do I get the message "disk Erase failed with the error: couldnt unmount disk".

Now after pressing the power button and the alt option key I see the windows partition and the recovery hd.

I dont know what to do. I would appreciate any help.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 08:28
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]